The summer transfer window is into its final days for the major European leagues, which means the biggest clubs are looking to make a splash in the market while they still can. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Pjanic willing to take pay cut for Juve move
Juventus are still looking to strengthen their midfield, with AS Monaco’s Aurelien Tchouameni and Borussia Dortmund’s Axel Witsel among their favoured options. However, Miralem Pjanic, who Barcelona are desperate to get off their books, is also being linked with a return to Juve.
Calciomercato reports that the Bosnia and Herzegovina international is willing to take a pay cut to head back to Turin. The 31-year-old played for Juve between 2016 and 2020, before heading to the Camp Nou as part of a swap deal involving Arthur Melo.
Pjanic has an €8m-a-season contract, but is willing to cut that by €3m to change clubs and Calciomercato suggests that could sway it for Juve.
Pjanic has only made the bench in one of Barca’s three LaLiga games this season, while he managed just 13 starts in all competitions last term. Bayern Munich’s Corentin Tolisso and Lyon’s Houssem Aouar are outside options to join the Bianconeri.
13.27 BST: Gab Marcotti wonders why Real Madrid would move for Kylian Mbappe now when he could join for free next season.
Gab Marcotti wonders why Real Madrid would move for Kylian Mbappe now when he could join for free next season.
13.01 BST: Juventus are set to sign Mohamed Ihattaren from PSV Eindhoven, according to Calciomercato. The report says that the Netherlands youth international is out of contract at the end of the season and could be available for as little as €5m.
Juve are also on the brink of re-signing Moise Kean from Everton, and they are now set to turn their attentions to the 19-year-old midfielder. However, Ihattaren will be immediately loaned to Sampdoria for the season to get experience of Italian football.
12.34 BST: Ademola Lookman has been linked with Leicester City for the past few months, and reports suggest he is now on the verge of completing a loan move from RB Leipzig.
Lookman, 23, moved to RB Leipzig permanently in 2011 but struggled to make an impression and spent last season back in the Premier League with Fulham. The former Everton winger has not featured for Leipzig so far this season.
12.10 BST: Everton are hoping to sign Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan from Arsenal, with an option to buy. The Daily Mirror reports that the 24-year-old is desperate for first-team football after failing to force himself into Mikel Arteta’s first-team plans over the past year. Burnley, Crystal Palace and Newcastle are also said to be interested, but Everton are in pole position.
The right-back spent the second half of last season on loan at West Bromwich Albion.
11.28 BST: Dan James started Manchester United‘s 1-0 win at Southampton on Sunday, but Sky Sports is reporting that he could be heading out of the club before Tuesday’s transfer deadline.
James, 23, joined United from Swansea City two years ago but he could now become one of the casualties of Cristiano Ronaldo’s impending return to the club.
Leeds United are reportedly open to a loan deal, or a permanent switch. Brighton, Crystal Palace and Everton are also said to be interested.
Amad Diallo‘s proposed loan moan to Feyenoord appears to be off after he suffered a thigh injury in training and will be out for around six weeks.
10.45 BST: Ruben Dias has signed a new long-term contact at Manchester City, the club announced on Monday. The 24-year-old has signed an extension until 2027, just 12 months after arriving from Benfica.
Dias has been rewarded for an impressive first season at the Etihad Stadium, during which he helped Pep Guardiola’s team to the Premier League title and Champions League final.
He was also named the Premier League’s Player of the Year and UEFA’s Defender of the Year.
We are delighted to announce that @rubendias has signed a new six-year contract! ✍️
Having joined from Benfica last September, Dias’ new deal will keep him at the Club through until the summer of 2027.
— Manchester City (@ManCity) August 30, 2021
10.02 BST: Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards is set to leave the club at the end of the season, reports The Athletic. Edwards was part of the club’s transfer committee that signed Alisson, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson, Virgil van Dijk and Georginio Wijnaldum. He also sold Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in a £142m deal.
09.16 BST: The Daily Mail is reporting that Chelsea have a decision to make over the future of Callum Hudson-Odoi. The winger, who was previously wanted by Bayern Munich, is a loan target for Borussia Dortmund.
The 20-year-old has not played for Chelsea yet this season, and appears to be well down the pecking order for coach Thomas Tuchel.
08.30 BST: Barcelona have rejected an opening bid from Tottenham for right-back Emerson Royal worth €20m plus Serge Aurier, sources have confirmed to ESPN.
Barca expect Tottenham to return with another offer before Tuesday’s transfer deadline but sources have told ESPN it would have to be a “huge” bid for the club to consider selling.
Emerson, 22, re-joined Barca for €9m this summer after spending the last two years at Real Betis, who would be due a percentage of any future transfer fee.
– Gianluca Scamacca has previously had interest from Inter Milan and Juventus, but the Sassuolo man is set to join Cagliari, reports Calciomercato. The striker, who impressed on loan at Genoa last season, will command an initial €1m loan fee, with an option to make the transfer permanent for around €26m.
– Filip Kostic may have tried to force a move from Eintracht Frankfurt to Lazio, but the Bundesliga outfit aren’t budging yet. According to Sky Sport Germany, they rejected an initial offer of €10m but the Serie A side expected to make an improved bid. Frankfurt want clarity on the situation, though, as they will need to sign a replacement if the Serbia international departs before the deadline.
– Crystal Palace are doing all they can to add extra firepower to their frontline in the final days of the transfer window, according to The Sun. With midfielder Conor Gallagher the only player to score so far this campaign, they are looking to sign Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah for £12m and Celtic’s Odsonne Edouard for £15m. This isn’t a case of it being one or the other, as the Eagles want both to join.
– According to Le10Sport, Lille are already making plans to replace right-back Zeki Celik, who is expected to join Atletico Madrid. It is reported that the Ligue 1 champions are looking at Montpellier’s Junior Sambia and Clermont Foot’s Akim Zedadka.
– Leicester City have received an approach from Torino for Belgian midfielder Dennis Praet, reports Fabrizio Romano. The Foxes are expected to make a decision on the 27-year-old’s future shortly.